Friday 23 July 2010

Back from Sunflower Land

The view from the car as we pottered along the rural roads of France last week....


Hello Darlings!
Well here I am surfing the blogwaves again after a very big gap (sorry....)
The two weeks before I went away were manic, then I was away on our family holiday to France for ten days, and now this week has whizzed past in an awful frenzy of post holiday washing activity and trying to tidy and clean the house before my mum arrives for the summer hols this Sunday..... (although why I'm even attempting to execute about six months worth of "tidynclean" in just one day I don't know. )

When we first moved into our house,which is a converted barn , a friend of mine asked if another friend of hers, who was a freelance photographer for interiors magazines, could come over because he was always looking for fresh homes to photograph and write about.
I agreed , and he duly arrived on the given day, after I had been cleaning non stop for the previous two days. |Obviously. "Hmm......," he sniffed, as he surveyed my kitchen, " I'm always telling my own wife that work tops are for working on: they are not storage areas..........."

Needless to say, he was not offered a cup of coffee, and our house was not featured in a magazine.

And I am not tidy.

And as my mum so rightly says,
"There are those who have a tidy house; and there are those who make things....."

Love,

PS I realise that I haven't even mentioned our holiday, and neither have I told you the story of our gorgeous new dog, Rowan. But I will next time I promise, and in the meantime, here's a pic of Eliza having a cuddly moment with him...


6 comments:

Mishelflos Paper Creations said...

Welcome home Sarah!!

The sunflowers are just soooooo lovely:) Lots of smiley faces looking at you.

What is it about sunflowers? I dont think anyone dislikes them.

My Doctor once said to me, there are two types of people in this life, you are either a do'er or a think'er!

So are arts and crafters do'ers or think'ers?

Aha!! I got the answer!! 99% of crafters are women, yes?

Multi tasking!!!!haha
love
Michelle x

Happy Harris said...

Hello Sarah...loving your blog hun :) glad you had a lovely rest! but what are you doing all that cleaning for! oh dont worry hun...I am totally the same, even though I have been featured in a magazine! I had the lovely selina Lake. come to our house and we dusted and tidied as they went around taking piccies....what a cheek that photograher had! phew! Id of kicked him out as well!

But I must say being in a magazine...ain't all its cracked up to be..in fact i felt totally cheated, with my experience, they spelt words wrong, got info wrong and totally left my website address out of the article! you dont get paid! they just kid you with...you'll be so flattered..well I wasn't! not at all...from now on I am charging for people to come and take piccies here! LOL!

Oh goodness! sorry for the rant! LOL!

Keep up the lovely art...you are brilliant hun :)

Speak soon

Love Happy x

Vickie said...

Converted barn? Oh my.....would love to see a picture or 2 and NO tidying necessary!

Glad to hear that you had a nice holiday :)

~Vickie in Michigan~

Little Chicks Info said...

Oh Sarah! You make me laugh! That man was a snit! R U D E! He would say the same thing at my place...your blog posts make me want to pack up my family and come for a visit...! I'm saving for a trip to England and for a stay at your B&B! Hopefully you'll have strawberry soup when I come, it would be lovely drizzled over pancakes with some whipped cream! Yum!

Sal said...

Hi there!
I'm not sure how I stumbled across it but
I am so glad to have discovered your beautiful blog!
I live in the village about two fields away from you!!
Now to settle down with a cuppa and read some more!
Hope you are ok x ;-) x

Catherine LES VIGNETTES said...

How uplifting. Happy to find your blog !
A french admiratrice.

Search This Blog